Ask the Experts: “Couponing Tips” Featuring Julia from Bargain Babe
Many of us overlook the amazing savings potential of coupons. They can be very powerful financial tools. If used correctly, some things in life are FREE. We want you to maximize your monthly savings with Cricket and avoid paying full price at checkout. This week we’ve partnered with Julia from Bargain Babe to bring you tips and tricks on how to find and use coupons to the max.
About Bargain Babe
Julia founded BargainBabe.com in January 2009 after giving up her reporting job at the Los Angeles Daily News. Julia loves to negotiate prices, even if it embarrasses her husband and friends. She loves DIY projects (making butter, yogurt, and beef jerky), and talking to anyone about saving money.
For more tips and tricks on saving on everyday purchases and expenses, check her out on social:
Ask The Expert #CricketTips Rules
Full Contest Rules:
Cricket Wireless Ask the Expert: Bargain Babe – Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Promotion may only be entered in or from the United States and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Promotion is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States.
How to Enter. During the Promotion Period (defined below), ‘tweet’ @CricketNation with a related topic question using the #CricketTips hashtag OR ‘comment’ with a related topic question on Monday’s Ask the Expert Facebook post. You will automatically receive one (1) entry for each tweet and/or comment. Limit: One (1) entry per person, per giveaway.
By entering, each entrant warrants and represents the following with respect to their Twitter and/or Facebook account: (a) entrant is the sole and exclusive owner of the tweet and/or comment; and (b) the message is entrant’s own creation and will not infringe on any rights of any third parties. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify any messages that are inappropriate for any reason, including without limitation, for depicting or mentioning sex, violence, drugs, alcohol and/or inappropriate language.
You must be an active holder of a Twitter account to be eligible to enter this Promotion. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, or any other methods will void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any Twitter account, the authorized account holder of the Twitter account will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned a Twitter account by Twitter. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
All entries become the sole and exclusive property of the Sponsor and receipt of entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion.
2. Start/End Dates. Promotion begins at 9:00:00 am CST on Feb 17, 2014 and ends at 3:29:59 pm CST on Feb 20, 2014 (“Promotion Period”).
3. Eligibility. Participation open only to legal residents of the United States, who are 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Cricket Communications (“Sponsor”), and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of promotion materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to enter. You are not authorized to participate in the Promotion if you are not located within the United States area. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
4. Random Drawing/Odds. One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received the Promotion Period on or about one day after that Promotion Period ends. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for that Promotion Period drawing. Drawing will be conducted by Zocalo Group, an independent judging organization. By entering the Promotion, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Promotion. Zocalo Group will monitor tweets using #CricketTips and comments on the 2/10/2014 Ask the Expert Facebook post during the Promotion Period. A total of One (1) winner will be selected throughout the Promotion Period. The winners will be selected on February 13 2014.
5. Prizes. One (1) winner will be randomly selected to receive one (1) $25 Amazon Gift Card. Approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each prize: $25. ARV of all prizes combined: $25. Prize is non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All expenses not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winners. Limit one (1) prize per person.
6. Notification. Potential winner will receive a direct message from Sponsor through the Twitter account used to enter the Promotion on or about one day after their entry has been selected OR be notified by a Cricket Wireless representative via a comment on the original Facebook post. Potential winner will be required to respond to the direct message and provide mailing address details within fourty-eight (48) hours of receipt. If a potential winner does not respond to the direct message or provide mailing address details within the required time frame, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to the next runner-up. Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. If any potential winner is considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, Affidavit of Eligibility and/or Liability/Publicity must be signed by his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to complete and respond to the direct message within the required time period, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any potential winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Promotion rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another eligible, randomly selected entrant. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
7. Conditions. BY PARTICIPATING, ENTRANTS AND WINNERS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR AND THEIR ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS, FROM ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, FOR LOSS, HARM, DAMAGE, INJURY, COST OR EXPENSE WHATSOEVER INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PROPERTY DAMAGE, PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH WHICH MAY OCCUR IN CONNECTION WITH, PREPARATION FOR, TRAVEL TO, OR PARTICIPATION IN PROMOTION, OR POSSESSION, ACCEPTANCE AND/OR USE OR MISUSE OF PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PROMOTION-RELATED ACTIVITY AND FOR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, INVASION OF PRIVACY, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT OR ANY OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY-RELATED CAUSE OF ACTION. Any and all federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winners. Participation in Promotion and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Promotion or Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Promotion in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Promotion cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. Additional Terms. Any attempted form of entry other than as set forth above is prohibited; no automatic, programmed; robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Promotion, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading any materials in this Promotion. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Promotion should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Promotion. In such case, Sponsor may select the winners from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or web site.
Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Promotion or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. List of Winners. To obtain a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by September 9, 2013 to:
200 East Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601
11. Sponsor. Cricket Communications, 6380 S. Fiddlers Green Circle, 6th Floor, Greenwood Village, CO 80111.